“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.”
― Abraham Lincoln
I have run many workshops and by far the most important part to a successful workshop is the preparation. From my experience a one day workshop requires at least three days preparation and maybe more if it is a workshop i’m running for the first time.
How do I spend that time?
To help prepare for workshops I created the Workshop Preparation Canvas.
The Workshop Preparation Canvas contains the 6 P’s you should consider during your preparation:
- Purpose – Why is this workshop happening?
- Practicalities – What will be required?
- Participants – Who needs to be there?
- Products – What are the inputs and outputs?
- Process – What is the agenda?
- Principles – How do we want to work?
I hope this canvas helps with your next workshop!